Technical Director (Hybrid Cloud Systems and Servers)
NetApp is seeking a Technical Director for Hybrid Cloud Systems. This role reports directly to the Director of Engineering for the NetApp HCI and SolidFire AFA platforms. The SolidFire team has delivered, and continues to develop, an Enterprise-Scale HCI product based on SolidFire’s proven all-flash storage technology.
As a Technical Director in the engineering team, you provide strong leadership and a consultative role to the organization as related to driving product development and strategy. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market.
Key responsibilities include:
- A major part of your responsibility will be to work on issues that impact development success or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Develop and evangelize technical vision within the CIBU organization and extend NetApp’s IP portfolio
- Partner with product management to drive roadmap planning and prioritization discussions
- Ability to translate product requirements and challenges into a scalable and sustainable architecture influencing the technical direction
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineering leadership and executive staff
- Successfully solve strategic and product execution challenges
- Align product direction by successfully recognizing relevant technology and industry trends
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to senior technical staff members
- Successfully negotiate strategic and other issues which effect the business internally and externally
- Must be a seasoned communicator and presenter
- Maintain affiliations and relationships with academic and industry technical experts globally and serve as external spokesperson for the company
- Deep understanding of server and systems technology, such as server architectures
- Very familiar with Intel and AMD release schedules & content
- Familiar with other server technology roadmaps, such as SSD’s, NIC’s, SCM, and more
- Very familiar with modern data center challenges and infrastructure design
- Understanding of infrastructure virtualization, hypervisors and virtual machine management
- Strong concepts around Virtual Private Cloud, network security (IPSec/TLS)
- Preference to those that have published white papers, patents, SME in community
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; or 12 years and a master's degree; or a PhD with 8 years' experience; or equivalent experience.