Technical Consultant I- $1,000 signing bonus at Vertafore
Technical Consultants deliver value to customers through implementation, technical configurations, and providing recommendations and solutions to business problems. Consultants shape and improve the experience of key Vertafore clients. They work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and also contribute to the future growth of your team.
A Technical Consultant at Vertafore works as part of a cross-functional team serving our key clients, which means you need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and service-focused to help nurture the client experience. Additionally, you love getting into the technical details of an implementation and are excited by coming up with new tools, processes, or solution to complex problems.
Consultant IIs expand depth or breadth of product expertise, applying that understanding to unique customer scenarios for the betterment of the products effectiveness and identifying best practices that could be leveraged elsewhere.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Develops forward thinking, technical implementation recommendations that align with clients' business objectives.
· Provides in-depth technical guidance to customers and internally
· Collaborates with the team to educate and train clients on how to best technically implement and integrate with the Vertafore product suite
· Configures data conversion environment and completes more complex data conversions and implementations
· Provides input to the project plan
· Works with many different source systems and versions and is an SME for scoping and troubleshooting
· Develops implementation tools and processes
· Maintains the deepest level of industry and product expertise and proliferates, internally and externally
· Works with teams in India and the US
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: See Career Path
Additional attributes for success, incorporating the skills and abilities expected for the role.
· BA/BS degree preferred or commensurate experience.
· Minimum 3 years of work experience in a technical, customer focused environment.
· Insurance industry experience helpful
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Technically savvy with an interest in technology and in deepening technical and software knowledge
· Intermediate to Advanced experience with SQL
· Experience with XML, web services, and web design/HTML
· Programming experience is a plus (Java, C, .NET)
Additional Requirements and Details:
- $1,000 signing bonus for the successful candidate
- Travel required up to 25% of the time
- Located and working from an office location when required; Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open 2022
- Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing