Denver, CO - We are building new solutions to help make our customers love our products even more. Our engineering teams are building new products that are easy to use, easily understandable, and allow our customers to build the physical goods they want. We leverage industry leading technologies and are not afraid to spend time learning new technologies to solve our problems. We want our engineers to be better at their jobs by constantly learning.
The Tech Lead is confident in their abilities to lead a team by delivering high quality value to our customers. They will be thoughtful, self-driven, and play a critical role in building a platform that will enable us to drive growth and innovation. The Tech Lead will guide teams to architectural decisions, leveraging white board sessions and high level diagrams. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team, passionate about programming, technologies and developing solutions to delight and inspire Artifact Uprising customers. A successful Tech Lead at Artifact Uprising will develop great collaborative relationships internal and external to the engineering teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cross functional team dedicated to building and maintaining some of Artifact Uprising's most visible and valued projects. You understand the importance of being both a good mentor and teacher with a deep desire to always be learning new skills. You have a proven track record of leading quality solutions from idea to production.
- Lead an engineering team to deliver high quality solutions
- Work with product managers to create timelines and estimates
- Develop new features and architectures for the AU platform, including APIs and services
- Create delightful user experiences leveraging React and additional front end technologies
- Using your knowledge of industry trends to build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Work with VP of engineering to develop engineers abilities through code reviews, training, and design sessions
- Create and maintain robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Continually work to improve engineering tools and processes
- 5+ years experience working on teams with Agile & Lean methodologies
- Experience in or desire to learn Languages/Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless Framework, Gatsby, React, MySql, PHP, Typescript, Redis, AWS, Magento, Git and experience with OAuth and RESTful APIs
- Ability to use alerting and monitoring solutions, New Relic, to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish
- Experience with e-commerce is strongly desired
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Base Compensation Range - $135-165k
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the mission to empower people to tell their stories effortlessly, beautify and often, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Artifact Uprising was recently voted one of Colorado's 50 Best Places to Work in 2021 for small companies by Built In Colorado. We are a tight-knit team who works with some of the latest technology to delight and inspire our customers.
Competitive health, vision and dental insurance for families (Plans cover 100% for employees and up to 95% for dependants), flexible vacation policy, headspace membership, 401(k) matching plan, Year-End Company Bonus Plan
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative Freedom We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description