Tech Lead, Mobile Development (Open to Hybrid / Remote) at Markit Digital
Do you want to build solutions for the biggest names in the finance industry?
Our public and private sites generate over 2 billion hits per week. If you manage your investments online, you may already be using our solutions.
Do you want to create modern web applications with cutting edge UI/UX designs?
Our team of 40+ designers work closely with our engineering teams to design and build the next generation of online of experiences for finance.
Are you looking for an exciting and engaging place to work? A place where you can continue to grow your skills, in a stable environment where we put our people first?
We've been in business for over 25 years, and continue to be the premier provider of digital solutions for the financial industry today.
About Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic Mobile and web applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We deliver custom user experiences that complement our clients' existing brands. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service-tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an Agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world-class products.
What you'll do:
As a critical contributor to the success of our Mobile Components strategy, you will drive quality and creativity in our client projects. You will plan, direct, and support how our Mobile Developers build custom solutions using shared tools and components.
- Build on your experience building Mobile applications to lead our Developers with mentoring, support and productive challenge.
- Shape how we use our ever-growing family of configurable, customizable Mobile components to help our clients delight their customers.
- Work closely with other leadership on our teams to balance priorities and timelines.
- Join client meetings to develop new business, define projects, collaborate on integrations, and demonstrate deliverables.
- Dive into every level of our process and workflow, looking for ways to improve them.
- Collaborate with our API and back-end teams to understand how we securely deliver personalized, data-driven user experiences.
- Track new and coming technologies, bringing them into our tools and process when the time is right.
What we look for:
In addition to hands-on development of both iOS and Android native apps, you have been responsible for the architecture of Mobile apps, worked with clients to define project success, and/or built components to extend the capabilities of client apps. You care deeply about the user experience, code quality, app performance, and mentoring other Developers.
Education & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of application development experience
- 6+ years of developing native applications for iOS
- 2+ years developing native Android Applications
- Prior experience in a Lead Developer role with teams of 3-5 Developers
- Fluent in Swift, comfortable with Objective-C
- Comfortable with Kotlin and Java
- Strong experience with the Xcode IDE and latest iOS SDK
- Strong experience with the Android Studio IDE and latest SDK Tools
- Understanding of hybrid approaches to app development (i.e., React Native)
- Experience with building and delivering iOS and Android frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles and development patterns
- Experience writing unit tests and contributing to CI/CD workflows
- Experience with Git or other source-control systems
- Experience with Agile Scrum roles, processes and tools (i.e., Atlassian suite)
- Knowledge of ways to account for NFRs like performance, security, maintainability, and stability
- DevOps and observability: application monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Ability and flexibility to contribute to world class site uptime by participating in an on-call incident escalation rotation among peers
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $91,025. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.