Team Lead - Senior Developer - Software Engineer/Sr.Software Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy to maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven, Senior Software Engineer who will report to the Director of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution and lead agile development team. This role will be responsible for full-stack development activities in one of our scrum teams. The Senior Software Engineer is engaged with development, IT and product owner teams to build strategic architectures and frameworks to tackle complex business initiatives and deliver global commercial software releases.
- Responsible for developing cutting-edge, web-based applications that are deployed as micro frontend and microservices that run on Kubernetes and that emphasize usability, ease of deployment, performance, and scalability.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions using the Microsoft .NET technology stack and Angular framework.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Serve as mentor and coach to teammates and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Organize software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process and architecture of dedicated parts of the system. Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Work with the project team and internal customers to establish and understand requirements.
- Take on a championship role in on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application lifecycle.
- Promote knowledge-sharing across product development teams.
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any product.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 1 or more years of experience in guiding a development team.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST-based APIs.
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud-native applications with several providers.
- Knowledge about Resource-Oriented Architecture, SPARQL, RDF* is a plus.
- Passion for software development – enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
- A bias to action – a willingness to “jump right in” with an emphasis on producing results.
- Highly collaborative – an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Curiosity – always seeking the “why’s” and “how’s” in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
- Innovation – the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Comfortable with ambiguity – can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well-defined.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $75,072 and $97,594. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.