Team Lead, Cloud Engineering at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for an Cloud Team Lead based in our Broomfield, CO office. This position is remote-friendly.
To support our rapid growth and enable our 1500+ associates worldwide, Alteryx is adding a Cloud Team Lead to its cloud team. The cloud team is responsible for creating scalable cloud solutions in multiple clouds. This includes developing and coordinating cloud architecture to meet customer’s needs in a cost aware environment.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.
- Communicate and evangelize Cloud Team capabilities.
- Provide input and direction for project assignment (work breakdown) and delivery.
- Develop and implement standards for operational excellence and governance
- Proactive monitoring and managing of platforms costs / capability ROI
- Manage of direct reports (i.e., Engineers), including people development (coaching, mentoring and skill development) and performance management
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of cloud solutions.
- Work with cloud team lead and cloud engineers to break down and deliver designed solutions
- Assist business stakeholders with project planning and estimation
- Identify and raise technical, business and operational risks and opportunities for increased automation.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Demonstrate collaborative, team-focused approach (succeeding and failing as a team)
- Demonstrate servant leadership, committed to removing barriers for others, invested in the success of others
- Continuous communications with business stake holders and the ability to build bridges across business units
- Reinforces outcome-based thinking
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- 3+ Years of experience in an IT management or leadership role
- 2+ years AWS, GCP, Azure compute, storage and networking
- 7+ year’s understanding of computing technologies across Windows and Linux
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM etc...)
- General automation including AWS and Azure CLI, or Ansible, Python, PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (IAM and MFA)
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with developers, DBA’s, and/or Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Exposure to common container solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes or ECS
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks including SOX, ISO27001, or PCI DSS Compliance
- Proven Leadership skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Oversee and determine timeframes for projects
- Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities
- Ability to hire and build out top talent
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $106,000.00 to $180,000.00. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.