Tealium Engineer at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sling’s Digital Analytics team is responsible for overseeing the implementation of analytics across all sling.com digital properties. The team recently deployed a modernized cross-platform data layer library and are now seeking an energetic, data-driven, and tech savvy individual to join the team as a Tealium Engineer.
The Tealium Engineer will be responsible for implementing tag management and audience segmentation capabilities through Tealium. S/he will seek to follow industry standards and best practices in order to implement high quality tag management solutions. S/he should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced environment; taking the initiative, managing multiple reporting requirements and working to find creative solutions.
You will. . .
- Implement web analytics and media pixel tags on the Tealium platform, including supporting data layer variables, load rules and extensions
- Work alongside Analytics Product Owner to ensure the implementation of the Adobe Analytics AppMeasurement tag aligns the requirements in the Solution Design Reference (SDR)
- Collaborate with development teams to oversee the implementation of the analytics data layer across Sling digital properties
- Test and validate the implementation of Adobe Analytics, as well as various media pixels, throughout the development lifecycle
- Educate testing teams on the tools and methods to validate analytics effectively
- Support the configuration of the Adobe Analytics reporting suites including variable definition, processing rules, and classifications
- Translate Analytics Product Owner reporting requirements into technical data layer stories for development teams
- Configure and oversee the flow of customer data from Tealium to a/b testing tools, such as Adobe Target
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Tealium Data Layer Specification, which outlines key data layer elements, load rules and tags which make up the tag implementation
- Create and socialize analytics best practices
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You have . . .
- 3+ years of experience working in digital analytics, digital marketing, or a related field
- 1+ years working with tag management systems such as Tealium iQ, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch, or Ensighten
- Expert level understanding of digital analytics tagging best practices
- Hands-on experience implementing Adobe Analytics solutions, either via TMS or SDK
- Hands-on experience with analytics debugging tools such as Tealium Web Companion, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, or WASP
- Experience working with jQuery, Regular Experiences, HTML and CSS selectors
- Experience working with analytics implementations on Single Page Applications (SPA) such as React.js
- Experience working with analytics implementations for mobile apps
- Knowledge of various data layer implementation approaches, such as WDC CEDDL specification
- Experience collaborating and communicating across business, technology and analytics teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate analytics requirements into Data Layer Specification documentation
- Previous experience working as part of an agile delivery team
- Knowledge of SQL is PLUS
What’s In It For You . . .
Tremendous opportunity and growth potential, as well as an intellectually challenging workplace with lots of outstanding colleagues. In addition, the successful candidate will earn an industry competitive salary, benefits and much more!