The health and safety of Enova’s employees is our number one priority. Enova has not yet determined a return to office date, but will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before such date. Proof of vaccination will be required. Enova will consider exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis for those who need accommodation due to medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
About the role:
We’re a FinTech company, so it’s no surprise we have a lot of technology here and our IT Infrastructure Services Team manages the physical data center spaces for Enova so our tech can continue to run smoothly. A typical day for a Systems Engineer varies quite a bit, but to give you a snapshot; they might be configuring and deploying a system for running a specific application, integrating new systems with infrastructure services or troubleshooting any issues that come along. They could be analyzing the root cause of an application issue or assisting other teams where needed. Since our company runs entirely online and customers are accessing their accounts 24x7, it’s important our servers are up and running 24x7 and you’d play a major part in that.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in a team environment and build and support on premises infrastructure for complex applications
- Help set the architectural direction and implement parts of system projects
- Implement server and server cluster best practices such as security, OS patching, networking, application deployment, and configuration management
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment or services to solve needs and perform the necessary stress testing of this equipment
- Maintain a private cloud in a fast paced environment
- Provide tier 2 support to Operations in a 24x7 on call environment
We get excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of Windows / Linux systems administration in a production environment
- Experience with on-premises infrastructure management
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (SCCM, BigFix, Chef or similar)
- Experience with PowerShell, Bash and/or Ruby scripting
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience with backup and replication tools (Veeam, Commvault)
- Experience with directory services (LDAP, Active Directory, Okta)
- Knowledge of web development technologies, tools and protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS
- Experience in a high availability, scalable environment with large data at multiple locations
- A strong understanding of networking including routing, VLANs, TCP/IP, tcpdump, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, NTP
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
For Colorado-based roles, the budgeted range starts at $60-$90k. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Enova Benefits
About our IT Systems Engineering team:
Enova’s IT Systems Engineering team deploys and manages applications and services, integrates with third party cloud apps, creates the tools and infrastructure used by the rest of our engineering and operations groups, and ensures that our systems are performing at their peak. We troubleshoot across the entire stack, meaning strong automation and operational skills are a must for our group. Reliability is always a priority and never an afterthought.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.