Systems Engineer at Billtrust
As a Systems Engineer, you will build and manage our systems and network infrastructure and play a key role in design and support decisions for our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms. You will join our talented IT operations team charged with ensuring the reliability, scalability and availability of our Windows-based systems infrastructure and multi-site networking infrastructure consisting of Cisco and Aruba devices. You will work closely with our DevOps, TechOps and Development teams to extend best practices, optimize configurations, develop automation, monitor system health and troubleshoot issues that impact our customers.
- Build, monitor and support the availability and performance of our multi-site infrastructure, hardware and production environments
- Automate system deployments, patches, application upgrades, and other repetitive tasks
- Support a complex multi-site network infrastructure
- Own the support and upgrade of our virtualized environments
- Extend and support our high-availability (HA) solutions
- Collaborate with techops, devops, database and infosec teams to support and execute system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures
- Perform off-hours maintenance as needed and take part in our 24x7 on-call rotation
- Create and maintain accurate documentation
- Identify areas for process improvement and automate repetitive tasks
- 4+ years of success in a fast-paced 24x7 production environment, with a proven ability to support geographically-dispersed enterprise systems and network infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business including peers, technical management and/or external vendors
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting virtualization efforts using VMware ESX or similar
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting cloud environments with Azure or similar
- Ability to automate via scripting languages and tools such as Powershell, Python, Bash or similar
- Ability to leverage infrastructure monitoring tools, such as Nagios
- Demonstrated ability to leverage networking and wireless solutions, such as Cisco or Meraki, preferred
- Experience in supporting SANs and NAS and experience with iSCSI, NFS and/or FC
- Demonstrated proficiency with web hosting, such as with IIS and/or Apache
- Familiarity with Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), and DevOps practices, and experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins or Puppet, nice-to-have
- Experience in a SaaS, software, product-centric or payments business nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.