Systems Engineer III - Video Operations (Hybrid) at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
* This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **
The Systems Engineer III is responsible for day to day operations of video systems that include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, DAC Controller, and video devices used to support Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within a Video Operations organization that manages technology such as video distribution, conditional access, SDV, VOD, CDN and video CPE devices to ensure optimal performance
- Support innovative, diverse, and collaborative work environment to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Research issue and resolution of action items as needed and directed by Charter
- Oversee life cycle management of field hardware and software
- Drive assigned initiatives to successful completion.
- Provide on call support
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Systems and Network Engineering
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands on experience and advanced knowledge configuring and troubleshooting of Conditional Access Systems.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to other engineers in an active work environment.
- Advanced understanding of IP video delivery architecture and its relationship of Conditional Access Systems.
- Advanced understanding of SDV, VOD, edge design and its relationship to Conditional Access Systems.
- Prior experience with producing high quality technical executable documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of junior engineers through training and mentoring.
- Ability to create designs and diagrams in Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software.
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and related software tools to support the current operations.
- Advanced understanding and ability to use and interpret output of network sniffing tools IE: Wireshark, Charles.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze linux/unix scripts.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: SCTE Fundamentals of SDV, Digital Video & MPEG Video , Cisco CCENT, PMI CAPM
- Knowledge of Commscope DAC
- Experience with SRM (VOD and SDV) architectures and operations
- Working knowledge of Video Solutions (Mystro, Tivo, Spectrum Guide), APEX generation edge gear, and Bulk Encryption platforms
ISY350-VIDEO 2023-20688 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$78,900.00 to $139,500.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.