Systems Engineer, DevOps
Conga’s suite of solutions creates more efficient organizations by simplifying and automating data, documents, contracts and reporting. As the provider of the #1 paid application on the Salesforce AppExchange, we have more than a decade of experience increasing the value of the Sales Cloud by removing systems and process pain points that impede the customer lifecycle. Our 8000+ customers are passionate about our platform and support giving us 5 stars on the Salesforce AppExchange.
Conga offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment for professionals looking to help build and enhance a seamless customer experience. Our top of the line product suite, dedicated employees, and proven leadership team provide a solid foundation to support our continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including 100% paid health insurance for employees, 401k plan, generous PTO schedule, and lots of additional perks!
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our team, who is responsible for a supporting multiple distributed datacenter in addition to a global, highly available cloud platform supporting a multitude of SaaS offerings. This role would be responsible for working with the development and security teams to build and improve upon existing infrastructure in a datacenter environment including continued operations and migration of services to a cloud provider. We strive to deliver fully automated deployments across multiple integrated products and datacenter and regions.
- Engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs including integrated design review, security and compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Bash Scripting and Automation.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Strong database troubleshooting and performance tuning skills specifically around Postgres
- Develop tools, scripts, and queries to automate the validation of data
- Provide technical assistance/mentors staff in developing conceptual and logical database designs
- Improve database designs for performance, scalability, and disaster recovery across multiple data centers and platforms.
- Actively monitor the performance and stability of all the production databases infrastructure, using your analytical skills to anticipate future problems and resolve them effectively.
- Develop best practices for automating database deployments to product development environments.
- Develop best practices for tracking and communicating deployment changes through the environments.
- Help co-ordinate deployment activities that require manual activities
- Develop best practices for tracking and communicating manual outside of development pipeline changes.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Work the security team to perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Manage provisioning of user accounts and feature components
- Provide Tier III / other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Automate the application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in a systems administration role including experience with Linux administration
- Working knowledge of Apache Tomcat and/or MS IIS
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Heroku, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure automation frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Powershell or other scripting language experience
- Strong database skills including SQL, Postgres, AWS RDS and DynamoDB
- Experience with advanced datacenter and AWS networking topologies and integrations
- Familiarity with AWS Serverless technologies along with Elastic Beanstalk and Amazon ECS
- Other technologies: Rundeck, Sensu, SumoLogic, JMS, ActiveMQ, and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with Cloud migrations and Hybrid Cloud operations
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment practices
- Proven crisis management leadership ability working with cross-functional teams and executive management
- In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment
- Ability to quickly triage problems under pressure, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.