The Production Engineering - Monitoring team is responsible for the engineering and support of multiple products related to our various system Monitoring platforms. While this role will be heavily focused on the engineering and support of our Splunk platform, the analyst will have the opportunity to be involved in the management of our other monitoring platforms including, but not limited to, Centreon, Argent, SightRay, Datadog, and DotCom.
- Responsible for engineering monitoring solutions for key infrastructure and product related systems.
- Responsible for day-to-day support of our various Monitoring platforms, with a heavy focus on our internal and AWS hosted Splunk platforms.
- Assisting in the creation of architectural documentation pertaining to strategic initiatives impacting both product and internal infrastructures
- Participate in Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management calls.
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Enterprise Splunk architectures and concepts
- Experience with large & complex existing multisite Splunk cluster
- Experience performing Splunk platform maintenance, capacity management and software updates
- Experience with managing and deploying services in AWS
- Md Level Linux Operating System Knowledge (Navigate file system, troubleshoot issues, edit files, etc).
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Desired Technical Skills
- Base level scripting and/or automation experience
- Good working knowledge of Azure DevOps or other Agile based methodologies and tools
- Good working knowledge of Service Now or other equivalent incident management tools
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Exhibits a strong desire to learn new technologies and is genuinely interested in growing their technical acumen.
- Able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization
- Service oriented, positive, committed, and enthusiastic team player.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
3 years + of general experience in one or more IT Functions
Bachelor's in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings/weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- May be required to work on an on-call rotation as required.
- No regular travel.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.