Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $144,900 - $181,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end of year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had? At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around community, constant innovation, and customer commitment. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a sense of mission, is personally rewarded, and professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company, founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Bluestaq was recently recognized as a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Last year, Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year, named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year, recognized as a 2020 and 2019 Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs by the Colorado Springs Gazette, and acknowledged on three 2020 and 2021 Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado.
Bluestaq just landed on Inc. Magazine's 2021 Best Workplace list!
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
As a Bluestaq Systems Administrator 5, you will be charged with the primary responsibility for maintaining and supporting the integrity of our system networks providing technical support and configuration management. The ideal Systems Administrator on the Bluestaq team is a customer-service driven, professional person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to system end-users. You’ll be a member of a team performing daily maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting applications, networking problems, and systems issues on both cloud-hosted and on-premises platforms to ensure our enterprise software is functioning smoothly. Bluestaq Systems Administrators are charged with software and computer installations and upgrades, routine automation, cybersecurity risk mitigation, and technical support. A Bluestaq Systems Administrator 5 has deep, hands-on experience with system administration tools and processes and a broad introduction to systems administration best practices and productivity skills. Systems Administrators will work at client sites. This position will support 24/7 operations.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 16+ years of systems administration experience with a bachelor’s degree or 12+ years of experience with a master’s degree/
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience supervising systems administrator professionals.
- 6 years’ experience in networking system development and support.
- Expert understanding of system administration foundations.
- Experience in active directory.
- Hands-on networking knowledge.
- Managed help desk service systems and processes.
- Worked with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Experience using cloud identity and access management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Ability to apply systems administrations skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Understands basic software development concepts.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, including articulating roadblocks.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, has a growth mindset.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- Willing to support 24/7 operations and shift work.
- CISSP certification
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
How to Apply: Please visit https://bluestaqllc.formstack.com/forms/jobapplication to apply for this position.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]