Systems Administrator 3 at Bluestaq (Colorado Springs, CO)
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,040 - $121,363. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end of year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let’s talk about the accolades our team has racked up in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 – 2021) and Built In’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 – 2022). Our team is award winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for an amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
As a Bluestaq Systems Administrator 3, you will be charged with the primary responsibility for maintaining and supporting the integrity of our system networks providing technical support and configuration management. The ideal Systems Administrator on the Bluestaq team is a customer-service driven, professional person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to system end-users. You’ll be a member of a team performing daily maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting applications, networking problems, and systems issues on both cloud-hosted and on-premises platforms to ensure our enterprise software is functioning smoothly. Bluestaq Systems Administrators are charged with software and computer installations and upgrades, routine automation, cybersecurity risk mitigation, and technical support. A Bluestaq Systems Administrator 3 has hands-on experience with system administration tools and processes and a broad introduction to systems administration best practices and productivity skills. Systems Administrators may work at client sites. This position will support 24/7 operations.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires active DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
- 8+ years of systems administration experience with a bachelor’s degree or 12+ years of systems administration experience with an Associates Degree.
- 4 years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of operating systems.
- Has a solid understanding of system administration foundations.
- Experience in active directory.
- Hands-on networking knowledge.
- Experience with help desk service systems and processes.
- Worked with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Experience using cloud identity and access management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Ability to apply systems administration skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, including articulating roadblocks.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, has a growth mindset.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- Willing to support 24/7 operations and shift work.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- CISSP certification
Required Education: Associates of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Cyber Security or a related field.
Desired Education: Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Cyber Security or a related field.
Clearance Requirement: Requires active DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at [email protected], if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]