System Safety Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, April 28, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking an experienced Systems Safety Engineer that will be responsible for identifying, compiling, and analyzing risks and hazards and producing system safety requirements and assessments f Boom’s Overture aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles, distributes and manages safety requirements
- Performs Systems Safety Assessments and Common Cause Analysis to support all stages of the aircraft life cycle development
- Support trade studies for Overture
- Assist in configuration management of aircraft systems
- Coordinate and support the development and implementation of risk/hazard management plans, profiles and tracking
- Collaborate with engineering team to define safety requirements
- Prepares Reliability Predictions, FMEAs and FTAs in support of System Safety documentation
- Supporting FAA Airworthiness and certification regulations experience related to aircraft certification activities
- Working with suppliers in regards to System Safety requirements and analysis
- Perform and support the development of safety documentation to support customer/contract requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years' of experience in System Safety Engineering
- Previous directly related work experience in aircraft and system safety assessment process in accordance with the guidelines of SAE ARP4754 and SAE ARP4761
- Previous experience with electrical, automatic flight controls and avionics systems
- Must have 14CFR Part 25
- Proficiency in MS Office product
- Experience with an aircraft integration development program from conceptual design through certification
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Salary Range for this position is $150,000- 195,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description