System Administrator at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems and supporting infrastructure. Serves as a technical resource in the area of infrastructure administration for complex operating environments. Recommends the configuration and operation of infrastructure hardware, system applications and/or networking. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of requirements and develops detailed specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides support in order to provide a high level of service to the customers in a global environment.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Administer and support complex environments including core infrastructure tools and technologies.
- Review monitoring, capacity and configuration management of complex technologies, ensuring acceptable performance and adherence to all defined service level agreements.
- Administer systems and/or networking in a large corporate environment with multiple global locations and 15k+ user base.
- Perform all duties within ITIL best practices guidelines for Incident, Change, Request, and Problem.
- Adhere to all security best practices, and governance and compliance laws such as HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Defines detailed specifications, in compliance with the operations architecture (which include infrastructure and security), to solve complex, business problems.
- Tunes the infrastructure operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources.
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround.
- Performs hands-on administration tasks including installation of infrastructure management tools, configuration of technical environment, backup configuration and recovery.
- Demonstrates initiative in resolving problems, balancing conflicting requirements in partnership with others.
- Provides Tier 2 (infrastructure) support. Follows support escalation processes as defined.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and other necessary documentation.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field preferred.
- Job related experience for 3+ years minimum. 3+ years administration experience implementing solutions for complex infrastructure systems supporting business processes.
- Experience in driving technology solutions in a large corporate environment with multiple domains and 15k+ user base.
- Proven experience with hands-on infrastructure administration tasks including implementation of approved standard technologies, daily maintenance and support of production environments, automation of repeatable tasks, troubleshooting, post-mortem of critical incidents, and configuration/support of backup and recovery solutions.
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans