SW Development Engineer in Test II
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced thebusiness of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry tohelp agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we're proudto say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to writebusiness faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration andstreamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional valueto their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products andservices. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile productsthat provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight-right when customers need it most.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and arelooking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develophigh quality software that will transform the insurance industry, we would loveto get in touch with you.
We have a smart team dedicated to helping each other anddelivering high quality products to our customers. Our managers are dedicatedto growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impactin your career and get the recognition you deserve. Our work culturefosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, and commitment tosuccess.
Employees inthis role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions asexpected to meet or exceed customer's standards.
As a Vertafore Sr. QA Analyst, you will be instrumentalin Vertafore's ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our QA Analystswork with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best productsfor our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changingenvironment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives,remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, allwhile pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have apassion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside thebox, you're who we are looking for.
· Identifies functional and product strategic risk throughanalysis and how it applies to test planning and test case creation
· Assesses risk for business/customer and technology risk
· Identifies and communicates risks not mitigated bytesting to engineering leadership and updates local processes
· Reviews risk and test case prioritization of team, andmakes clear and thoughtful tradeoffs of prioritization in test planningactivities
· Leads test planning and coordinates with SoftwareEngineers, Software Engineers in Test, and managers to determine useracceptance criteria, prioritize tests, clarify ownership to avoid redundancies,and determine plan for feature or product release
· Provides feedback to Software Engineers on features orchanges and usability metrics to enhance the user experience
· Creates and maintains test scenarios, test plans, testcases, and requirement matrices for features or aspects of the product and/ormultiple products and ensures coverage of all aspects of the product for aquality user experience
· Writes and checks own test cases for quality andparticipates in test case reviews
· Creates test systems, conducts systems set-up, andmaintains test environments (varies by product)
· Completes manual and automated front-end user testingand back-end code-based testing of more complex features or aspects of productsand product integration; identifies opportunities for and performs test caserefactoring
· Participates in code reviews and collaborates withSoftware Engineers and Software Engineers in Test to identify issues andpotential enhancements to code based on front-end and back-end test results toensure a quality user experience
· Identifies patterns of bugs or defects using thebacklog, troubleshoots more complex issues, and verifies bug fixes that spanmultiple product features and/or multiple products; coordinates with ProductManagement to highlight risks or issues and suggest enhancements to productfeatures and/or products to ensure quality user experience
· Opens bugs based on issues found during testing andtroubleshooting
· Organizes and participates in triage sessions,prioritizes problems to help resolve bugs or defects in new code or duringproduction; investigates customer requests as needed; serves as a technicalreference for complex problems/issues
· Monitors overall testing process and uses results tocreate test summaries or reports and provide results to team and stakeholders;provides recommendations for sign-off and release
· Provides feedback on, uses, and updates documentation onuser stories and work items
· Reviews support materials and documentation as providedby others and collaborates with support or documentation teams on customerdocumentation
· Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data,establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changingenvironment
· Ability to communicate and work effectively withcross-functional teams
· Ability to comprehend documentation clearly andeffectively
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of OOP coding concepts
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiplestrategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
· An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate withothers and mentor team members
· Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as provenwith well-written technical, project, client and related communications andpresentations
· Ability to lift/ carry up to 10lbs occasionally
· Knowledge of Insurance Industry
· Knowledge of IntelliJ and/ or Visual Studio IDE
· Experience with CA Agile (Rally), SAFe, qTest
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunityfor all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status,physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation,genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federallaw equal employment.