Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
The SVP, Software Engineering will lead CA’s global Engineering organization for the Agile Management Business Unit. CA’s Agile Management Business Unit is comprised of three core products: CA-Agile Central, Project and Portfolio Management (PPM), and IT Service Management (ITSM). Combined, these products represent hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue and are used by thousands of CA customers globally.
Reporting to the Agile Management GM, the mission of the SVP is to provide the technical vision, leadership and execution required to build and deliver innovative, globally distributed, enterprise-class SaaS software solutions that enable CA’s customers to quickly and easily adopt, embrace and leverage the best Agile business platform and products available in the market.
About the Role
The SVP Software Engineering will be a key member of CA’s Senior Leadership Team and will play a critical role in defining the company’s business and product strategy. This individual will inherit a global team of employees.
Key Responsibilities / Objectives
- Establish an impeccable engineering culture of technology innovation and excellence, characterized as highly collaborative, execution-focused, customer-centric, and high velocity
- Lead the entire engineering lifecycle for the Agile Management portfolio of solutions, ensuring that products meet or exceed customer requirements, while maintaining the organizational flexibility to respond to changing needs
- Implement engineering best practices that will enable the global engineering organization to scale smoothly and to operate effectively at a high cadence
- Foster and support the on-going use and advancement of Agile best practices, encouraging experimentation, fast-fails and on-going, open dialogue to identify and leverage appropriate Agile methodologies
- Be a change agent for new and innovative software engineering practices
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for your direct reports and the broader Engineering organization. Inspire, empower and motivate the organization, leading by example
- Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members
- Contribute to the BU’s corporate strategy and business direction via close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Sales, Support, etc.; provide technical leadership and guidance in relation to buy / build decisions, acquisition opportunities, and acquisition integrations
- Implement and encourage successful asynchronous collaboration across the BU’s global R&D organization
- Work to identify and capitalize on synergies between the BU’s existing products, leveraging common platforms, architectures and technologies where possible
- Be an external evangelist to the market and to customers as needed
How You'll Stand Out
An ideal background will include:
- 15+ years of software engineering management experience with at least 10 years in a VP-level leadership role as member of the executive team. Public company leadership experience strongly preferred
- A track record for building and managing strong engineering teams characterized by innovative product development, high productivity, excellent morale and low turnover
- Engineering leadership spanning geographically-dispersed teams of 100+
- Must be highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, and a self-directed servant leader with a passion to succeed
- A strong Agile practitioner with proven experience managing agile development teams
- Technical depth with enterprise-class, commercial software development, specifically high-scale SaaS applications. Experience transitioning products from On Prem to the Cloud preferred
- Strong capabilities in product planning and strategy execution across multiple product lines and segments, creating and presenting delivery plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management
- Experience upgrading, converting and integrating legacy technologies with modern architectures a plus
- Steady career progression with a good amount of time in the trenches of engineering before moving into management
- Experience in complex, matrixed organizations along with a combination of large and small companies is considered ideal. Experience in quality companies known for excellence in engineering is highly desirable
- Track record of implementing and managing end-to-end engineering practices ranging from technology vision to concept, design, development, QA, release, and maintenance
- Technical strength and depth so that he/she can translate market priorities into sound engineering strategies and judgments – such as trade-offs in back-end infrastructure, platforms, design/features, adjusting people skill mix
- This role will be based in Boulder, Colorado, and will require periodic travel to other R&D sites globally, as necessary
- Education must include a technical Bachelor’s Degree (MS, MBA a plus)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.