AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sustaining Engineer reporting to Lead Mechanical Engineer to focus on Improving released products, improving processes, working with the operations team to have continued success on the core businesses products.
As our Sustaining Engineer, you will work to:
- Maintain and continuously improve existing released products
- Work Cross functionally with Operations Team and Engineering teams to execute Engineering Change orders
- Work with Quality Team to Triage Defects from the field
- Analyze Cost and performance impacts on changes to existing products
- Engineering support for Vendors including determining EOL products and finding replacements
- Design and execute tests on proposed engineering changes
- Root cause Analysis on in-service issues/problems
- Quickly analyze customer issues live or through logs to isolate product issues or environmental configurations
- Work directly with development engineering, test, service engineers to develop tactical solutions for customer issues
- Duplicate customer issues as needed
- Must be able to multitask effectively and efficiently
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes and procurement protocols
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents
- Solidworks CAD modeling
- Must be able to execute Engineering change orders and understand ECO/ECR process
- Robotics Experience a plus
- MRF Equipment experience a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- BSME - Mechanical
- 5 - 7 years
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
- 10% Travel possible
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.