Structures Staff Scientist at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking an Aircraft Structural Design Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for developing the aircraft structural layout and integration of systems architecture for Overture at Boom Supersonic and will be a part of a world class team.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Chief Engineer, Engineering Team and Program Leadership to architect and design the Overture aircraft
- Lead the trade studies of aircraft structural layout to find the right solution for Overture
- Design (CATIA) high level (low fidelity) and major components (fuselage, wing, inlets etc.) layouts to support the trade studies
- Support manufacturability studies of the structural components
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required
- 15+ years experience, including at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification
- Prior structural design roles, both as an individual contributor and lead, with composite and metallics
- Fundamental understanding of every key technical discipline (metallic & composite materials, material & processes, load path, stress, finite element modeling)
- Part 23 or 25 composite certification experience (Part 25 preferred)
- Familiarity with: Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems per ARP 4754 and Aircraft Safety Assessment Process per ARP 4761
- 5+ Years experience with Product Life Cycle software system management (Enovia, TeamCenter, Jama, 3DS, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving leadership skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems
- Excellent leadership skills—able to keep teams moving and motivated
- Persuasive—must be able to win support of internal and external parties alike
- Team building communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally
- High bar; builds and retains world-class teams
It would be great if you had:
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- CATIA v5 or higher experience
- Active FAA DER / ODA EAR ticket
- Salary Range for this position is $160,000- 220,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description