Structures Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
This role requires proficiency in the design, analysis and manufacture of composite and metallic aerospace structures, experience with development of hardware from concept to manufacture, and comfort working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Preliminary and detailed design of composite and metallic aircraft structures
- Hand analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures
- Developing test plans and overseeing component and assembly level structural tests
- Supporting manufacturing teams and external suppliers through fabrication and assembly of the aircraft
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of structures design experience
- Familiarity with composite materials and processes, tooling, layup and assembly techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one CAD system
- Experience with component and assembly level structural tests
- Familiarity with FAR parts 23 and 25, composite aircraft experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interface effectively with different engineering groups internally as well as existing and potential suppliers
- An undergraduate degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with finite element analysis of aerospace structures
- Hands on composite fabrication experience
- Prototype aircraft program experience
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23 and Part 25 requirements
- Materials testing and certification experience
- Aircraft structure certification experience
Salary Range for this position is $115,000- 150,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description