Strategic Integrations Engineer
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for;
LogRhythm is looking for a Strategic Integrations Engineer that will develop IT and OT technology integrations (e.g. sensors, industrial control systems, electronic health/medical records systems, etc.) and content in support of our SIEM platform to help our customers mitigate risk and detect threats. This position will also support our technology alliances program as a technical engineer in support of integrations, automations, and other content with partner technologies (in security) and will be looked at as a subject matter expert in the areas outlined above.
This position gives you the ability to broadly expand your career in information and operational technology, security, privacy, risk, and SIEM. You will be part of a team that is responsible for enabling our customers to better protect, detect, and respond against all matter of threats, risks, and regulatory concerns. This is an opportunity to work with the most advanced SIEM solution in the world to develop content that operationalizes machine data and transforms it into actionable intelligence and insight for our customers in both regulated and non-regulated industries.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Research and develop information and operational technology integrations and content for our SIEM (rules, dashboards, reports, automations)
- Research and develop technology integrations and content for our security partners
- Research and develop automations (Smart Response Plugins) that leverage information, operational, and security technologies to help our customers detect and respond to a wide variety of threats and risks
- Maintain integrations and content to ensure our customers are always supported (e.g. updated integrations and automations)
- Be an active member in the security and technology community through presentations, blogging, forum participation, whitepapers and other dissemination techniques.
- Be a subject matter expert in information, operational, and security technology; whether its industrial control systems, medical devices, consumer technology, security products, or other
- Be a subject matter expert in risks and threats against all types of operational control systems
- Assist the internal security team with security engineering efforts (visualizations, integrations and automations)
- Support sales, sales engineering, business development, and marketing
Required skills, background, and experience;
- 5+ years of educational and/or industry experience.
- Technical understanding of computer operating systems, computer hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in information technology operations
- Experience in writing regular expressions (in support of integrations)
- Experience with SIEM (especially LogRhythm)
- Experience writing program code and interfacing with web service APIs.
- Experience with industrial control systems, medical devices, consumer technology, sensors, etc. is a significant plus
- Understanding of vulnerabilities, exploits and the latest attack vectors.
- The ability to communicate your ideas via written and verbal communications such as writing blog posts and creating webinar content for delivery to customers.
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following:
- Python, PowerShell, Bash, PHP, HTML, .NET, C#
- Security Certifications are nice to have but not required. A few recommended ones:
- OSCE, OSCP, GXPN, GMON, GPEN, GWAPT, GREM, GCIH, CISSP, etc.
- Experience using SQL and Elasticsearch databases a plus.
Workplace equality and inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and essential to our culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these essential areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.