Storage Architect at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Storage Architect, the person will define, design and develop plans for installation/reconfiguration, and overall management of storage systems to provide reliable, resilient and secure data storage and management solutions. The person mentors a team of junior storage engineers to troubleshoot and optimize Vertafore's Storage, data backup and recovery services for our users and customers.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge of Pure and Netapp storage solutions, Commvault (or similar) backup software, operating systems, virtualization, hardware and related architecture, engineering and administration. They have excellent problem-solving skills and systems troubleshooting skills. The person should have passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and optimize service performance.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Primarily responsible for orchestrating installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and break-fix of storage and backup systems lifecycle in all data centers.
· Responsible for the availability, performance, disaster recover, security and audits of storage and backup systems.
· Define, optimize and manage the backup infrastructure and related software, hardware and schedules. Continuously work to improve the RPO and RTO and various data recovery controls
· Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet customer needs including new environment deployment, upgrades, performance tuning, testing and disaster recovery.
· Applies Quality Control and Quality Assurance principles
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
· Writes and maintains complete and concise technical documentation
· Regularly run tests to verify data recoverability, RPO and RTO
· Serve as the highest point of escalation for storage incidents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong experience in managing and supporting multiple storage systems such as Pure and NetApp storage systems, in a highly virtualized, hybrid data centers and global offices.
· Experience migrating physical hardware to virtual or from On-prem to cloud.
· Must have experience managing, optimizing, and upgrading backup environment and its schedules strategies
· Experience as decision maker– whether alone or for team; own the decision's results
· Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
· Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
· Experience interacting with vendors, onshore and offshore and MSPs
· Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management, and external customers
· A Bachelors or higher education degree
· 8 plus years' of experience or equivalent certifications with Storage and related hardware
· 5 plus years of Pure & NetApp storage systems experience
· 3-5 years' experience or certifications with Commvault backup solution, deploying and managing infrastructure services and driving efficient operations
· Must have supported a complex environment with physical and virtual servers,
· Experience with AWS and related storage solution is highly desired
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Willing to be rotational on-call for incident escalations,
· A team player with collaborative and customer centric work ethics
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.