Staff Software Test Engineer at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
At DISH, the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team's mission is to deliver software that meets business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. The Staff Software Test Engineer, as part of the software development family, is a leader in the development of automated test solutions to support the overall software delivery team in a fast-paced IT environment. They ensure software meets business requirements, coach and drive the team to design, execute, and test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions to ensure all deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the testing efforts on major projects.
- Develop, execute, and maintain test automation that exercises all aspects of application code for UI, API services, and database validations.
- Provide technical support to the test management team in achieving their strategic goals.
- Design and implement best practice in testing approaches in the test organization.
- Design and provide best practice recommendations on test automation frameworks.
- Identify tools and technologies that will enhance the testing process and align with the development direction.
- Manage and maintain the test environment.
- Mentor less experienced members of the test organization.
- May have direct reports.
- Promote best testing practices across the company.
- Remain current on testing trends in order to drive continuous improvement within the test organization.
- Drive initiatives across the test organization.
- Problem solve and implement solutions at a test organization level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, object oriented, or other relevant programming languages.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Engineering related) from four-year college or university and 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of integrating automated tests with dev ops.
- Applied knowledge of designing, building, and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of testing processes and techniques.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the business.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Advanced experience with the use of and implementation of test tools, test environments, and test data.
- High level of curiosity and a strong desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Contribute individually and as a member of a team.
Compensation: $100,100.00/Year - $145,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.