TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
This role will directly report to Anissa Williams with regular interactions with Product, Platform, Registration and Payments team members, and other engineers across TeamSnap.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating, building, and integrating our new TeamSnap registration and payments platform (web, API, services, databases, CI, functions, etc.) which will replace our existing B2B club, league, and organization registration offering
- Designing, building, and maintaining functionality, services, and applications to continue our rapid growth
- Serving as the team’s technical lead; own driving design and architecture decisions
- Working across the engineering organization to drive the architecture forward
What'll set you up for success:
- 6+ years of development experience, with a concentration in Ruby/Elixir
- Experience and enthusiasm as a team lead/architect working with other developers daily on technical direction and approach
- Experience designing and implementing new services and APIs that integrate seamlessly with new or existing applications, that may be accessible to third-party clients.
- Experience evolving and improving legacy software applications and services.
- Experience with distributed systems using Docker+Kubernetes on GCP or similar
- Experience with observability and associated tooling (APM, errors, logging, instrumentation).
- Significant experience with relational databases such as MySQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems involving a number of systems.
- A “shift left” mentality - bring quality, technical excellence forward and early in the cycle
- Passion for great solutions and user experience.
- We want you to be interested in what makes a great product for our customers
- Involvement in youth sports a plus!
- A great sense of humor and an exceptional GIF game
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. For Colorado-based candidates only: the salary for this role starts at a minimum of $150,000 plus bonus and benefits. Compensation is adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Comp is highly competitive nationwide, so please don't hesitate to apply.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
• We're not just remote, we are remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self to work. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.