Staff Software Engineer at CirrusMD Inc.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our platform team to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. You'll be responsible for designing and implementing platform architectures and workflow; advancing platform resilience + performance and enabling our product delivery teams to focus on delivering high value end-user experiences. You will have the opportunity to impact millions of lives by advancing our platform enabling barrier-free access to healthcare.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you'd like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 9 am to 4 pm MDT Monday through Friday. The salary range for this role is 150,000-170,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
What You'll Accomplish:
- Advancement of our platform architecture and services through planning, coordination and execution phases
- Enablement of our product engineering and security/compliance teams, advancing platform observability through logging, metrics, alerting, and other instrumentation
- You will support and advance our platform observability capabilities including metrics generation, storage, and retrieval.
- Significant experience building resilient platform services and APIs for public consumption
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, RDS, ElastiCache for Redis, Elasticsearch, S3, IAM, KMS, and networking components such as VPC, transit gateway, routes and security groups
- Experience with platform observability and telemetry best practices
- Experience integrating security solutions using infrastructure-as-code, you understand the power for testable security infrastructure and code.
- Confidence pairing with other engineers of all levels
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Significant experience collaborating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with message queues, event-driven or streaming architectures
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with secure SDLC principles and hardening enterprise infrastructure and APIs
- Experience migrating and / or understanding tradeoffs between monolithic and SOA architectures
- Significant experience scaling Ruby on Rails applications
- Significant experience with Golang services
- Experience certifying infrastructure for HITRUST or FedRAMP certifications.
- Experience with AWS Management and Governance services such as Config, Cloudtrail, Organizations, and Trusted Advisor.
- Experience with AWS Security, Identity, and Compliance services and tools such as GuardDuty, Inspector, and Security Hub.
- Exposure to ETL and Data Warehousing tools such as Airflow, Snowflake or dbt
Benefits Who We Are:
Based in Denver, CirrusMD is the nation's leading virtual care platform that delivers a chat first, multi-modal, data driven experience to enable providers, payers and employers the ability to offer high touch, personalized healthcare to their members or employees. Founded in 2012, CirrusMD helps our customers create happier, healthier, and more engaged patients by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects patients to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 60 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn't end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, stock options and more.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.