Staff Software Engineer at CircleCI
We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help lead our team and define the future of our platform.
This is a full-time remote role as a Staff Software Engineer (Level E4 in our engineering career ladder.) Read our blog post if you'd like to learn more about our internal career growth system.
Candidates in the US or Canada are eligible for this position.What you’ll do:
- Help define and refine the practices that make our team effective.
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower the engineers on your team.
- Craft technical strategy to support our product and business goals. Maintain and adapt a distributed system with an event-based, micro-services architecture.
- Write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the beginning. Our tech stack includes Typescript/React, Go, and Clojure. You needn't be a specialist in everything; T-shaped folks interested in learning are ideal.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
- Years of professional experience with the care and feeding of distributed systems in production environments at scale.
- Experience contributing to a team as a collaborative technical leader. This can be as a team lead, a tech lead, or a lead role on a large, long-running project with significant impact.
- You’re comfortable navigating the ambiguity and change of a rapidly-growing company.
- You know how to work transparently and collaboratively within a fully distributed organization.
- Experience being on call.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Want to ensure that all of our systems - software and human - scale efficiently.
- Model good work/life balance for their colleagues.
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $144,500 - $170,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level