Staff Software Engineer, Monetization at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help Checkr to recognize revenues from background checks. You will lead the Monetization engineers to build a monetization platform that supports existing products as well as new product launches with high flexibility and accuracy.
- Leading a team of talented engineers
- Collaborate with other product teams, Finance team, and other stakeholders to innovate and solve problems together
- Monetizing new product launches leveraging cutting edge technology
- Support the monetization for existing products
- Implementing new features, architectures and designs
What you bring:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- A strong sense of ownership over responsible products areas
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
- Proficient in Ruby
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.