Staff Software Engineer - Front End (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
As a Staff Software Engineer of the Moov team, you’ll build tools to make developers integrating with Moov more productive. You will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day.
Work on next-generation financial products
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute to them
- Triage and assist incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Own the full release lifecycle from feature development to public and hosted release
- Contribute to documentation of the system
- Other duties as assigned by Moov and/or your manager
- Experience leading large and ambiguous projects to successful outcomes
- Experience as a Frontend Engineer
- Hands-on experience in technical leadership and influencing your team in setting the technical direction and best software engineering practices.
- A track record of mentoring junior and senior engineers
- Experience managing frontend state with different approaches and libraries
- Experience writing unit and end-to-end tests for frontend applications
- Experience writing reusable UI components
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience developing SDKs or frameworks would be a plus
Technologies we use and teach:
- TypeScript, React, web components
- CSS modules, Sass
- Vite, Jest, Storybook, Cypress
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 23 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- Competitive base salary + employee stock options w/early exercise opportunity
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Medical Ins: Health Savings Account (HSA) option w/employer contribution
- EAP and other wellness resources
- Unlimited PTO + generous paid holiday schedule
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 3000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
- Employee referral incentive
Salary range: $165k to $180k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.
Share our job roles with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.