Staff Software Engineer: Front End at Optera (Greater Boulder Area, CO or Remote)
Who is Optera?
We build software to help the world’s largest companies stop climate change. Our market-leading products provide companies with the tools and insight they need to reduce the environmental impacts of their businesses, supply chains, and products. We are backed by some of the most respected US-based venture capital firms and have a robust client list, including leading Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco, HPE, Williams-Sonoma, and Target.
What problem are we solving?
In short, Optera is the data solution to stop climate change. Major corporations are the largest source of carbon emissions. Across the globe, companies are responding to pressure to address climate change by setting goals to aggressively reduce emissions by 2050. Our software enables corporate teams to collect, manage, and analyze emissions data across their operations, supply chain, and products, all with the aim of achieving their goals and halting Climate Change.
Why work at Optera?
Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility, space, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
Why this opportunity?
Optera is growing faster than ever and we are rapidly expanding our market leading product and services. We are seeking a Staff Engineer to help us architect, design, and build out our product. Join us on our journey to deliver the best sustainability management software in the world.
The role and responsibilities
- Guide team software development efforts towards successful project deliveries.
- Establish best practices and conventions that speed up development and enhance product robustness.
- Work in close collaboration with Product to iterate over product ideas, translating them to requirements and planning their delivery.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Facilitate technical conflict resolution with active listening and critical thinking.
- Our team and company are growing! Help hire, support, and mentor our future engineers.
- Dedicated to making impactful products that awe customers and enable them to plan for a more sustainable future.
- Be part of and foster a supportive, collaborative environment where we as a team are capable of solving complex and challenging problems.
- Dedicated to producing quality, testable code with accommodation for CI/CD.
- Experience leading greenfield software projects, making widely impactful design decisions, and collaborating with product stakeholders to create intuitive solutions that meet and exceed customers' needs.
- Expert in at least one modern frontend framework with ample experience in others (React, Angular, Vue).
- Well versed in hosting infrastructure that enables effective deployment methodologies and product delivery
- Demonstrable understanding of effective UX design.
- Architecting extensible applications for production deployment and runtime.
- 2+ years of senior/lead front end engineering experience.
- Outstanding understanding of industry security practices including but not limited to Web Application Security and SSO.
- Designing of efficient interfaces between user facing applications and surrounding supporting systems
Nice to have
- Experience in Energy or Sustainability industry
- Experience in startups
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Optera is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
- Unrestricted PTO and flexible work schedule
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave (8 weeks paid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home/office workstation
- Professional development budget
- 401k with 3% company match and ESG investment options
- Company-wide Bonus program
- Colorado Eco-pass (regional bus pass)
- Team happy hours, retreats, hikes/bike rides, yoga, and ping-pong
Location: Boulder, CO preferred; remote considered
Base Salary: $160,000 - $185,000 plus bonus and option for equity
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Staff Engineer Front End – Built In - [Your Name].”