Staff Software Engineer - API at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialcareers and ClearanceJobs, all services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Staff Software Engineer - API you'll design, develop and manage the implementation of internal and external web service, integrating with clients and other web services in support of Native Mobile app development. You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who enjoy shared goals and releasing new product features often. You will work in all phases of the project life-cycle. You will be part of a high caliber team consisting of tech, product, and DevOps working in short iterations, building production-ready software. You will be an independent operator, acting on your own and mentoring, guiding and directing others without issue.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and implementing web-based Rest APIs and applications to support business requirements
- Following approved life cycle methodologies, create design documents, and performs program coding and testing
- Developing unit and integration tests to test your code and integrating with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Generating stoplight and other API documentation
- Collaborating with Architecture and other team members on the design of projects
- Following API and web development standards across the technology organization
- Working in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating with peers from around the world
- Evangelizing good software engineering, always be learning
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- RESTful Services and/or GraphQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work in a team atmosphere
- O/S: Linux
- 8+ years' experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- Commercial RESTful API design and implementation experience
- Experience working in AWS and/or utilizing AWS services
- Experience working with partners and 3rd parties in integrating with their API's
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools: Jenkins, Code Pipeline/Deploy, Cloud Formation, Terraform or others
Base salary/pay of $120,000 – $165,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.