Ibotta is looking for a Staff Security Engineer to come build something great with us! As part of the engineering team, you will work on the systems and tools that power the platform behind the Ibotta app, which is used by millions of consumers. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for evangelizing DevSecOps culture and building out secure cloud infrastructure. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a member of the Engineering Security team, drive DevSecOps culture across the entire technology organization, including Infrastructure, Product Development, and Data
- Implement security infrastructure using AWS, Terraform, Python, and Go
- Provide security expertise, guidance, and education to product development teams
- Establish security best practices for the use of AWS products such as EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, RDS, and Lambda
- Consult and collaborate with Architecture, IT, CI/CD, Cloud Platform, Corporate Security, and Data Security teams to continuously evaluate and strengthen Ibotta’s security posture
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Linux, CLI tools, and bash/zsh scripting.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, e.g. Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Experience working with a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with microservices and container orchestration, particularly Docker and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with role-based access control such as AWS IAM
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, etc.
- 5+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure and software development
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
These are nice to have, but not required:
- Familiarity with AWS Organizations, Transit Gateway, WAF, and network security policy
- Experience with platform development languages such as Ruby, Java, Node.js, etc.
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Scrum/Agile development experience
- Experience with security automation tools such as AWS Config, Twistlock, Clair, Prisma Cloud (RedLock)
What we value from great engineers:
- Love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- Elevate teammates through kindness, empathy, and honesty
- Pursue continuous growth personally and professionally
- Understand that communication is an important part of engineering work
- Value pragmatism, incremental development, automation, and quality
- Respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve problems
- Trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity
- Base compensation range: $150,000 - $175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels