This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Use Amazon’s AWS infrastructure and advanced services daily
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Work with big data sets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Ship production code daily
- Implement serverless architectures
- Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
Some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $150,000 - $175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.