Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 100,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
What You'll Do
- As a Staff Implementation Engineer you will have the exciting opportunity to work with some of our largest and most strategic enterprise customers. You will be incharge of their technical onboarding as well as managing the process of getting them live and growing with their Nylas backed product. In addition you will:
- Answer tickets, get on calls, brainstorm bigger picture changes that will help the larger customer base and advocate on behalf of our customers needs
- Advise customers on architecture and best practices as it relates to their Nylas integration
- Collaborate with Sales and Support teams to ensure smooth handoffs before and after onboarding
- Manage a customers technical onboarding process/help them integrate Nylas into their own product
- Ability to navigate relationships with any size customers (small, mid, enterprise) across various industries and use-cases
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them to stakeholders with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Help customers debug/write/execute codeDebug and problem solve technical issues
- Create and update technical resolutions
- Manage configurations and setups, and any other relevant networks (if appropriate)
- Schedule additional training sessions for clients after each completed training session as needed
- Contribute consistent and actionable feedback to Product based on customer interactions
What you'll Bring
- 5+ years experience as an implementation engineer, sales engineer, technical support engineer, professional service engineer or other similar roles
- 3+ years in a customer facing role
- Passion and patience of a Customer Success Manager with the technical skill of an engineer
- Knowledge of enterprise software implementation methodologies for large deployments
- Experience with some or all of the following Java, Node, Ruby, Python, Golang, Kubernetes
- Experience with REST APIs and HTTP clients (like Postman or Insomnia)
- Passion for customers succeeding and motivation to be the one helping them succeed
- In-depth understanding of the challenges companies face while implementing a technology product and can independently lead a complex, multi-party implementation project in a highly consultative and proactive manner
- Exceptional communication, question asking, and working with others
- Professional, reliable and able to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Comfortable working independently
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
$120,000-145,000 + equity
Read Full Job Description