Staff Full Stack Software Engineer, Growth Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Staff Full Stack Software Engineer to lead one of our Growth Teams through technical mentorship and strategy. Are you interested in joining a team of full-stack engineers that are empathetic, creative, and curious about the experience of our newest users? If so, you will be able to expand your skills by applying engineering to contribute to the growth of our product and business.
This is a full-time role at the E4 level on our Engineering Skills Matrix, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.Our Team
The Growth Teams have made it our mission to help our users get the most out of CircleCI. We optimize our experience and guide users as they learn about and start using our product.
We achieve this by applying the scientific method to craft and optimize features by measuring user behavior. Based on what we discover we may further refine our experiment or even roll it back and leave it behind. As long as we have learned something, experiments are considered successful.
Our position within the engineering organization is outstanding: we frequently work with many teams across the CircleCI Platform and are positioned to influence the strategic direction of the product.What you’ll get to do:
Our Staff Software Engineers lead and remove barriers for the engineers on your team, through mentorship and partnering with your Engineering Manager. They are responsible to define and take ownership of the software creation process of their team. In addition to this, you will:
- Identify and resolve technical risk and investments in future engineering work.
- Contribute to processes and developer experience for engineers at CircleCI.
- Work with Product, Design and Data to define experiments and spot opportunities for our product roadmap.
- Facilitate communication with many engineering and business teams.
- Use Clojure and React.js (if you don't know these, we will help you learn!). Find out more about our entire tech stack here.
Our ideal candidate is curious and highly motivated to learn something new every day. They should also like to have impact on high visibility work for their business, and are someone that can work across many engineering domains and is comfortable learning unfamiliar technology. Here’s the additional experience that’ll make you stand out:
- Guide a team to make decisions in an ambiguous environment, handle risk, and help them recover from mistakes.
- An engineer who understands the tradeoffs between user, technical and business needs. We actively think about our users' experience and look for ways to improve their journey through our product.
- Someone who provides technical leadership, influencing the team’s technical output, strategy and standards.
- Someone that favors frequent, incremental delivery while incorporating regular feedback from users and partners.
- Experience working with distributed systems such as microservice architectures.
- Prior experience in a Growth Engineering team is not vital but it would be a plus!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. Our Growth teams are distributed across North America. For this role we are hiring engineers to work remotely in the United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.