Staff Frontend Engineer at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (MST) on Monday, January 10, 2022
Built In Colorado honors Pie in its 2021 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Raises $118 Million in Series C Funding
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie's mission is to empower small businesses to thrive by making commercial insurance affordable and as easy as pie. We leverage technology to transform how small businesses buy and experience commercial insurance—starting with workers’ compensation.
Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs who are driven by core values that guide every decision we make.
We are looking for highly motivated and accomplished Staff Software Engineers who are looking to make a big impact within a fast growing company by helping to lead design and development of scalable products critical to Pie Insurance. Staff Engineers balance their time between guiding architectural decisions and mentoring other engineers within their team, while also individually contributing to organization-wide development initiatives. Guiding change by leading through best practices, they look to constantly deliver a product that allows our customers to do what they do best, serving their communities.
Staff Engineers encourage an environment where engineers are forward thinkers and foster a culture of diversity and blameless truth seeking. They anticipate differences of opinion and perspective, working hard to create alignment. Acting as thought leaders across the organization on matters of design, architecture, and best practice, they elevate those around them and push the company forward.
How You'll Do It
- Operating as the go-to person for front-end related matters within our products and technology stack
- Collaborating with other world-class engineers to build & deliver value-centric products, leverage devops & observability practices to deliver those products, and create awe-inspiring user experiences
- Working with the Platform team to establish security best practices for your team, while also fostering a security-first environment
- Guiding your team using established architectural principles and engineering best practices
- Using your extensive hands-on experience working with common technical patterns and frameworks to evolve architectural design along with Pie's goals
- Delivering software using continuous delivery practices and leveraging your experience to enhance continuous delivery pipelines and practices
- Creating and developing products that are well designed, maintainable, testable, and understandable by others, through clean code, documentation, and the use of industry standards and best practices
- Participating in the formulation, evolution, and governance of Engineering wide architectural principles in partnership with Principal Engineers and the CTO
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of 5 years experience in progressive software development experience is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience leading multi-team development focus areas
- Can lead discussions on architecture and technical decision making
- Create thorough and clearly written technical documentation Ability to create and implement system and software design, considering the downstream impact of decisions
- Take part in epic and story creation, focused on product driven approachesHave worked extensively in an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Have proven experience designing and building microservices architectures
- Have a deep understanding of open source frameworks, web technologies, HTTP, and other tools that facilitate the practice of software engineering
- Experience working with sophisticated application state, e.g. Apollo Client, Redux, MobX or similar
- Knowledge in building systems such as Webpack and Babel
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value our team members and want to support them, so we’re proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $145,000- $203,000
Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
This role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States*, and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.