Staff Engineer (Remote) at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Staff Engineer/Architect to help drive the technical direction of our business. This person will impact the overall design and architectural strategy for a group of high performing development teams delivering direct to consumer products that help homeowners connect with service professionals. With a focus on designing and architecting large-scale initiatives, and guiding high-level strategy, this is a great opportunity to have a direct impact on our rapidly growing business.
What you'll do:
We are seeking an experienced Staff Engineer to provide technical guidance to product delivery teams, as well as contribute as part of a team to the support of enterprise architecture. As a Staff Engineer you will be responsible for teaching architectural and development best practices and advocating for the technical documentation process. To be successful in this role you will need to balance and prioritize the needs of teams against the larger organizational requirements.
Who you are:
- A results-oriented individual who balances a passion for stable, scalable and solid application architecture with the soft skills necessary to build relationships and influence architectural buy-in at an organizational level.
- A good communicator who looks to bridge the technical gap across teams and other parts of the company
- An individual who can keep the 10,000 ft view in mind at all times and has the ability and desire to help us get there.
- An empathetic person who values their customer and looks for ways to improve their job effectiveness
- A technical mind who understands and can balance ideal vs realistic architecture but is always looking to push us towards improvement
- An individual who loves mentoring and growing the technical skillset of others
- Someone who is confident in their technical capabilities but humble in their approach. Willing to take risks and sees mistakes as a mechanism for learning rather than as a failure
- 10+ years of Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, Vue
- 6 years of Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- 8 years of experience with RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- 8+ years of experience and strong belief in using unit testing as part of development and using framework such as Junit, Spock, Mocha
- 2+ years of demonstratable enterprise architecture experience
- Experience with domain driven architecture
- Experience with version control system tools such as GIT and build management tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understand SOA and OOP concepts
- Understand CI/CD processes
- Understand abstract problems and able to provide innovative solutions
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!