Staff Engineer, Publisher Experience
Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 9 billion ad calls daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
The Publisher experience team is building out a new extensible platform to enable publishers to pull in a wide variety of advertising data to run their businesses. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolving our single page application to support parallel development by multiple teams via modules and micro apps
- Support our Prebid analytics data pipeline built on AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Kinesis Firehose and S3.
- Build out a new analytics platform that enables publishers to connect to and gain insights from multiple data sources.
- 10+ years' software development experience
- 10+ professional experience developing web services or applications
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc...
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and system design
- Ability to lead a team of junior and experienced engineers to a common technical goal
- Experience building complex dashboards and visualizations using D3 and other tools.
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS, web components
- Experience with GraphQL
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience with monitoring for highly observable code: StatsD, Graphite, etc…
- Experience working with Docker, AWS.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director of Engineering