Staff Devops Engineer
Please review the job details below.
Have you worked with K8S or Cloud Foundry? We have gone all in on our micro service architecture and are now making sure our PaaS can support what we need and is capable of delivering on our new goals. Our team is a true DevOps group running in an Agile manner. We build, own, and support our applications from inception to retirement. Every other Friday our engineers participate in Innovation Fridays where they get to work on career development in any manner they chose with no planned work to complete or standups to attend. The team swims in the AWS ocean and we are looking for someone to come join us.
The Devops Team Engineer is responsible for supporting common infrastructure service solutions for the enterprise (Web based UI/API’s, Java and Ruby services, ElasticSearch, Cloud Foundry, K8s, Rancher, UAA, Active-MQ). As a key member of our team, the DevOps Engineer will work with Development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience. You will also play a central role in migrating our services to AWS using a modernized build and deployment.
- Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
- Deploy software releases.
- Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support and deployment processes.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Work with the development teams to improve system quality.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Provide configuration management for production applications.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Basic Job Requirements
- Linux system admin experience.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience running and maintaining ElasticSearch.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with K8S.
- Experience with Git or other version control system.
- Existing security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident.
- Familiarity with Agile development process from build through deployment.
- Knowledge of Rancher.
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ or other message brokers.
- Knowledge of Logstash and GROK parsing.
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.