Staff Consultant Electro-Optical (E/O) Systems Engineer - TS/IAS/EOS - Security Clearance Required
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Staff Consultant - Electro-Optical (E/O) Systems Engineer – TS/IAS/EOS
This engineering position is for an experienced electro-optical systems engineer who is creative, flexible, and comfortable handling many diverse and sometimes open-ended assignments.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide engineering leadership across the Tactical Solutions / Imaging and Surveillance / E/O Systems sector program portfolio (Maritime, Air, Ground).
- Provide engineering support to architect E/O mission solutions and system concepts.
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to define, direct implementation, and operate complex mission systems which include tactical platforms, instruments, and ground systems.
- Oversee and guide the management of specific analyses to show mission/payload performance and mission utility.
- Oversee and guide the management of mission requirements – allocation, verification, and validation.
- Develop systems engineering execution plans – schedules, staffing, and cost.
- Develop metrics to evaluate concepts that represent mission/system utility for the customer.
- Creatively apply our heritage and expertise to solve customer problems in novel and cost-effective ways.
- Mentor other systems engineers in systems engineering.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Support technical proposal development as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS in Physics/Engineering Systems or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in producibility of designs with cost, budget, and schedule constraints for self and others is essential.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of electro-optical systems is required.
- Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core E/O technology application areas is desirable.
- Experienced at establishing relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in relevant business environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing mission concepts, including tactical and ground components.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of mission program execution, including early planning, design reviews, manufacture, assembly, integration, test, sell-off, mission operation, and sustainment.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, concept of operations, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $163,000 - $205,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.