What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
As a member of the RingCentral Engineering team, you’ll solve complex, business-critical problems with sophisticated, user-friendly solutions that perform at massive scale. It’s a once-in-a-career chance to get your hands on the latest-and-greatest technologies, and build the platform that’s reshaping the way the world communicates.
The SRE Shift Supervisor is responsible for the coaching, mentoring and management of employees assigned to shifts for the Network Operations Center (NOC) at RingCentral. She/he should be a strong leader, have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve and experience in all aspects of leading personnel. In addition, they should be technically able to help employees lead priorities in our daily activities when it comes to supervising the health of our cloud based systems.Responsibilities:
- Understanding of HR protocols in regard to time off, evaluations, performance and more.
- Performs duties associated with the role, ensures that assigned shift personnel are in alignment with processes and able to perform duties.
- Proactively handles the activities of Network Operations staff and utilizes performance based metrics and accountability.
- Trains on guidelines for repair activities of network elements and establishes guidelines for quality of work standards.
- Coordinates incidents with a sense of urgency while following standard operating procedures.
- Assist staff with troubleshooting and resolving common and escalated issues.
- Ensures accurate notification and communication is established and maintained.
- Ensures accurate documentation is completed in a detailed and precise manner.
- Proactively meets with customers, ensuring high levels of customer happiness.
- Ability to listen to team feedback and prioritize efforts within the shift or, escalate to managers for suggestions.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effectively and professionally connect with internal staff at all levels in the organizations and with external partners.
- Works with a sense of urgency in high pressure environment and demonstrates the ability to effectively respond to issues during emergency situations.
- Technical capacity and the ability to troubleshoot, triage and resolve problems related to hardware, software or protocol issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, circumstances and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Technical certificates a plus.
- Minimum of 3 year direct supervisory in NOC experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a high-demand, 24x7 Network Operations Center environment in the telecommunications or SaaS industry.
This position directly supervises Network Operations employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and advising work; appraising performance; rewarding and regulating employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Must be able to work in a 24X7 shift environment with the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including weekends, holiday and provide “on call support”.Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Centennial just south of the Denver Tech Center between Dry Creek & County Line on I-25
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.