SRE & Infrastructure Engineer at VORTO (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We are building software products to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As a software engineer at Vorto you will help us define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction. Our customers love our product.
Our Tech Stack
Our backend uses modern technologies like: Google Cloud Platform, GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Kibana, PostgreSQL, Redis, NATS, GRPC & Protobuf.
About the Role
You will work with a small, dedicated, and passionate team of engineers who are driven to revolutionize supply-chains across the globe. You will build and maintain production systems which orchestrate billions of dollars of logistics on a daily basis.
This role will have the opportunity to help guide the evolution of Vorto’s infrastructure and join the team that serves our SRE, cloud architecture, security, and developer enablement needs. Specifically, you will:
- Take a leadership role in developing and maintaining a common infrastructure layer to improve the speed of our organization
- Establish SRE best practices to ensure fast, secure, reliable and maintainable production environments
- Implement internal tooling for logging, alerting, monitoring, etc. that requires minimal maintenance and maximizes developer velocity
- Own the uptime of our various products – with assistance from a top rate engineering team
- Own the security of our various cloud systems & development environments, and enable the teams to follow secure development patterns
- Strive to minimize risk of issues or outages, but also rapidly respond with a cool, calm demeanor to production issues whether at 2pm or 2am
- Serve as a member of our international Infrastructure & Reliability team that acts as the connective tissue between our products
- Deeply learn our industries served & customer base to develop a comprehensive understanding of our business
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of GoLang experience
- Expert with Google Cloud Platform
- Expert with Kubernetes & Docker
- Expert with SQL / Postgres
- Leadership in implementing DevOps, CI/CD, SRE
- Experience implementing and maintaining compliance with various security standards (ISO 27000, SOC 2, etc.)
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you are building
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Modern office space in downtown Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.