SRE Engineer - VoIP at RingCentral
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Denver, CO
The SRE Engineer - VoIP contributes to the strategic objectives of the System Operations Division by providing telecommunication services and support. Employee in this position performs day to-day tasks for running of cloud based environment which consists of telephony servers, media servers, fax servers, SIP proxies, etc. The SRE Engineer also investigates problems with applications and researches cloud based VoIP telecom solutions. The SRE Engineer performs statistical analysis of data and participates in deployment procedures.
· Administrating, update and support unique component of our platform based on Linux and Windows OS, oriented on voice and fax telecommunication services for customers
· Participation in projects intended to improve infrastructure, integration of new systems and software
· Performing pre-production tests in Staging environments
· Deploying, configuring, and maintaining of voice and fax services, equipment and devices
· Responsibility for software and hardware capacity expansion
· Keeps a keen eye on the monitoring systems
· Solves any problems that arise in services
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar with 3+ years of experience at position of VoIP engineer
· Strong grasp of Computer Science, Math and Science
· Remote administration of servers, network devices
· Systems: Windows, Linux. Primarily Linux.
· Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, VLAN, TCP/IP, VoIP, BGP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, T.38
· Scripting skills: Shell, Perl, Python, vbs, cmd, Ansible
· Willingness to learn cloud telephone technologies.
· On-call Systems support. Main environment 12 hrs a day, new environment 24/7. Total duration 48hrs for combined on-call participation, once a week.
· Good communication skills
· Good team player
· VoIP area and configuration VoIP equipment (Polycom, Cisco, Linksys, etc)
· All kind of Telco Proxy based on Kamailio
· SER/OpenSER/ Kamailio
· Monitoring of Distributed Systems
· C/C++, PL-SQL
· Experience working with Public Clouds like AWS (Amazon), GCP (Google)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.