NHT is seeking a Senior UI Engineer with experience in React and Python who wants to solve interesting, meaningful problems with an intelligent, hard-working team! This position will require creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills to help execute on building out a new version of the UI platform – we're migrating from an existing AngularJS frontend to React, and we’re completely rewriting our existing C#/.NET API as Flask APIs.
Strong candidates will have expertise in React / React Hook Forms and some Python development experience with a wide variety of technologies on the front and back-end, an interest in learning new technologies and methodologies, and prior technical experience building scalable data driven web apps.
- Contribute to the UI migration effort from Angular to React.
- Contribute to the API rewrite effort as a consumer of APIs.
- Evaluate various technologies and make informed decisions about which solutions to use.
- Collaborate with engineering team members.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with Engineering leadership and Product around technical concepts, requirements and work estimation.
Must Have Qualifications
- 5 years of experience creating front end applications.
- Experience with consuming REST APIs.
- Some experience with Python.
- Experience with Angular (since we are migrating away from Angular to React)
- Experience with API development. Python experience is a nice to have.
- Experience with a wide variety of technologies on the front and back-end (we’re moving towards React, Postgres, and Flask, and have used Angular, C#, ASP.NET, and MongoDB)
- An interest in learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with build pipeline tools, CI/CD tools, automated testing, and version control (Git)
- Experience working with graphing libraries.
- Understanding of database concepts (relational and non-relational).
- Prior technical experience building scalable web applications.
- Ability and flexibility to sometimes wear multiple hats -- we are a small, agile startup.
- Located in Denver.
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $116,000-$150,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee equity plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives with annual potential up to 10%