Sr Test Engineer (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Responsible for defining the test strategy and executing testing to verify the quality of software. Pro-actively look for automation opportunities earlier in the development cycle and collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline test processes. Responsible for documenting test methodology to ensure the delivery of quality products. Involve in projects of moderate to high complexity within one or more development environments. Participate in multiple programs/systems as a project team member. Considered a subject matter expert for a single program/system. Provides guidance around test cases, automation, testing and defects to junior team members.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Minimize noise around defects by doing additional analysis of scenarios. Ensure defects are well-written and have all required diagnostic information. Drive defects to resolution.
- Review test cases to ensure they cover requirements and ensure optimal customer experience.
- Sets manual and automation test execution goals for the team.
- Performs both back end system and front end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
- Script test scenarios using automation tool scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.,).
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed
- Ensure alignment between business operational strategies and quality assurance of our products
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Develop, modify, enhance and implement test plans designed to support new or existing business initiatives.
- Identify improvement opportunities (process / tools / duplication) and work with cross-functional teams to bring in testing efficiencies.
- Trains technical staff and functions as the SME to cross-functional teams
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and should be able to identify and tackle technical issues
- See beyond the obvious to help identify and troubleshoot defects in different scenarios
- Proficiency of SDLC, software testing processes and software testing tools such as HP-ALM, TestRail
- Be results-oriented and have the drive to meet targets and deadlines
- Experience defining automation strategy and implementing automation framework
- Ability to communicate up to key stakeholders (armed with data points and facts)
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
- Ability to work well with shifting priorities
- Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources
- Keen attention to detail
- Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of database schemas and querying tools
- Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
- Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of test automation framework and tools
- Ability to lead a team through effective delegation, training, conflict management and motivation
- Extensive experience leading teams
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
5 years system development, testing, and/or business experience with coding, testing, and design.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability ISW381 324171 324171BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $85,900.00 to $152,300.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.