Sr. SW Development Engineer in Test
Make an impact and love what you do!
We believe that quality is everyone's responsibility. As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will create software products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will help the software engineers and teams cultivate a quality mindset, advocating for quality while assisting the engineers with software development and test automation best practices. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop high quality software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
If you're looking for challenge and opportunity, reach out to us at www.vertafore.com/careers
Skills & Requirements
What You'll Do:
• Write reliable UI and API tests to increase testing coverage
• Develop database fixtures and testing hooks to facilitate automation
• Develop scripts and tools for our continuous integration system
• Research new testing tools and technologies
• Review specs and technical designs from a testability perspective
• Work closely with product and development teams to understand requirements and technical specifications
• Create test plans, test cases, and automation for new features and enhancements to existing features
• Plan, design and implement automation frameworks for various applications from frontend to backend
• Setup and monitor continuous integration for build, deploy and automated tests
• Work with support and implementation team to investigate production support issues and perform root cause analysis as needed
• Perform exploratory testing as needed
• 2-3 years of professional experience with C#
• Experience writing SQL (you should be able to join tables)
• Experience testing JSON-based APIs and web applications
• An understanding of Selenium 2/WebDriver
• An interest in understanding how systems behave (and misbehave)
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in software engineering
• Experience in agile / scrum methodologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Minimum of 3 years' experience building and executing Automated Tests