Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
Our product is highly technical — it bridges the gap between several very old/proprietary protocols (IMAP, ActiveSync, Exchange Web Services). Because of that, most of our customers benefit from having a trusted advisor that can guide them all the way from the initial stages of the implementation up to signing a contract.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be working alongside Nylas account executives to make sure our customers get the most value from our APIs.
What You'll Do
- Convey a compelling vision of Nylas to prospective customers
- Ensure a strong technical understanding of the capabilities and value of the Nylas Platform
- Remove roadblocks that will prevent prospective and current customers from integrating with our APIs. This can include devising workarounds as well as working with our Product and Engineering teams to figure out how to prioritize feature request
What you'll Bring
- 8+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer
- Experience using APIs to build applications and/or query data
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Customer service experience is a plus
While technical skills are important in this job, they are less important than enjoying meeting customers and solving their problems. We strive to build an inclusive company and truly believe that diverse teams are more nimble, creative, and deliver the best outcomes. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ former startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates, and those with no degrees at all. So if any of the characteristics sound like you, we strongly encourage you to apply.
$140,000 - $210,000 OTE + equity
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.