Sr. Solution Architect (Remote) at Vertafore
Vertafore is looking to hire experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to solution technology for our enterprise level customers. Solutions Architects are self–motivated individuals with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. We want individuals that demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies.
As a Solutions Architect at Vertafore, you will support pre-sales and ongoing efforts with our enterprise accounts. You will partner with customers, sales executives, development and product teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our new services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around platform integration.
- Primary technical consultant and architect in complex sales efforts
- Establishes the complete business context for the solution and defines the vision and requirements for the solution.
- Elaborates on potential options, prototype development, POC selecting the most optimal option and develops roadmaps for the selected solution
- Communicates and documents the architecture to the stakeholders and guides internal resources to achieve successful projects
- Managing the introduction of the overall technical visions for a particular solution, recommending solutions for more effective systems and integrating software/hardware that best meets the purpose of the business
- Immediate credibility with technologists, developers and C-Level audiences.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math degree desired
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in architecting, designing, implementing, and managing internal or client-facing complex technology projects to completion
- 5+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- Interpersonal and presentation skills with C-Level personnel
- Comfortable with .NET, SQL DB, RESTful, WSAPI, SOAP API
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (Agile, SLDC best practices)
- Experience with any of the following: distributed compute environments, application development, mobile development, big data analytics, and cloud computing
- 50% Travel