Sr. Software Research Engineer
Are you an experienced Software Developer that is looking to take their career to the next level? Mersive has an immediate need for highly motivated, creative, problem solver to join the our research and development team. Mersive is a scaling software company in downtown Denver. Our product, Solstice, is an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how top organizations work and learn.
You’ll work on exciting, cross-functional initiatives that inform the Mersive product roadmap by delivering proof-of-concept products, technology feasibility reports, and prototypes. Successful candidates will have deep experience doing application development in C++/Java environments, and who also have a passion for learning new languages and technologies such as Rust and modern web-stack architectures. We seek engineers who have extensive experience working on multimedia, networking, or graphics pipelines. Mersive Solstice is a network-enabled, content sharing, client/server product where streaming performance and stability is of utmost importance. If you are wanting to apply development knowledge in a free, creative environment, continue reading!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the CTO and other developers to explore, design, and prototype new features and products that meet the needs of Mersive’s strategic initiatives
- Rapid design and software development using a variety of languages and platforms, exploratory development to test available technologies and off-the-shelf 3rd party libraries in the context of Mersive’s needs.
- Utilize development skills to test various approaches to product features through rapid prototyping.
- Ability to collaborate closely with our CTO and engineering product organization.
- Additionally, the candidate will be an accomplished communicator and should be capable of successfully transferring prototypes and technologies to the development organization and assist in the productizing stage of development when needed.
- At least 4+ years of software development experience - significant experience with one or more of the following languages is required: C++, Rust, Java.
- Specific experience in the areas of video streaming, interactive media (VR/AR), sensors, and computer graphics
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, test theories, and iterate quickly are preferred.
- Proven problem solving capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced research and design environments are also important.
- M.S. degree in computer science or equivalent field
- Research and development experience is preferred
- Experience with CUDA, Matlab/Octave, TensorFlow on AWS, or similar libraries is helpful.
- Your input will help shape the next decade of educational and workplace collaboration technologies across the globe.
Mersive offers competitive compensation and benefits providing choice and flexibility for our employees. Our offerings include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Generous PTO plan
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, open and pet friendly work environment