Sr. Software Quality Engineer
Advanced experience automating and testing API’s and applications with:
- Familiar with Git or similar source control systems
- Swagger for testing API
- Automation experience across full stack Unit, Service Layer, UI (Testing Pyramid)
- Automation using (Selenium, Mocha, Yada) is a plus
Hands on experience testing with:
- React, Vue, Angular
- Agile / Scrum methodologies
Soft Skills and other items we’re considering in a candidate:
- University graduate or equivalent, preferably a degree in Engineering and/or Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in QA
- 2+ years in an Agile
- Excellent understanding of complex software architectures and SDLC.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets (Highly desired)
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage with minimal supervision is essential.
- High standard of written work
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Open minded with a positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Bonus points for experience testing and automating:
- REST APIs
- Express JS
- C++, C#
- SQL (proficiency in writing and executing queries)
- Continuous Integration Tools (Team City, Jenkins)
- Complex component and integration systems
- Full stack testing experience
- Back end data base through service layer to UI
* This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.
We are seeking an individual with a strong quality mind set and technical background to help support and inject quality to a suite of services, tools and frameworks, including security and authentication platforms, API management solutions, and front end UI applications. You should have a solid understanding of testing and automation of integrated, reliable, resilient, high-performance applications. You should have a full understanding of the testing pyramid and believe that quality starts from the beginning! You’re forward-thinking, eager to learn and have a passion to explore and experiment with the latest technologies.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
- Be an advocate and champion for quality as a mindset within the organization.
- Develop testing strategies and inject quality into a cross-functional team building new capabilities for some of the biggest names in the financial industry
- Use your expertise to setup automation and testing suites across various UI components, data components and API’s
- Act as the quality subject matter expert within the team and own all quality related activities, deliverables and metrics across your team
- Create, review and recommend test plan, strategies and test case documentation
- Monitor and enforce all process and organizational testing standards
- Participate in all Agile team ceremonies and inject quality discussions at all possible times
- Work closely with development and product groups to ensure deadlines are met.
- Execute and write manual and automated testing
- Identify future regression and smoke testing suites, create and execute automated packs for these activities
- Ensure all defects are prioritized and identified.
- Participate in release planning for quality related version control
- Accurately report quality status and progress to Management Teams
- Drive quality discussions and practices within the team around all testing areas (Unit, automation, manual, performance, regression, service layers, data etc.)
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Leverage your 5+ years of industry experience to provide your team with feedback and expertise, balancing a variety of roles including that of an automation expert, tester, quality expert, quality architect, and test strategist
- Regular collaboration with technical architects and managers, product owners, QA leadership, and agile teams, both onshore and offshore
- You're smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don't know how yet
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fast-paced environment
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).